Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Highway lane drifting
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 04:18 PM   #8
flygry1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86605
What I Drive: 2012 se sedan sterling grey

Points 591, Level 11
Points: 591, Level: 11 Points: 591, Level: 11 Points: 591, Level: 11
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 flygry1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yes it was 4K miles by the time we visited relatives in iowa and ill plus trips to Grand Canyon, Mt Rushmore along with two visits to Col Springs.

For the most part no major problems but the steering took some getting used to. Much different than the hydraulics I was familiar with. Also we are having the dealer look into an annoying front end rattle which is most obvious at slow speeds over rough roads. It sounded at first like it was coming from the center console but after removing the side cover couldn't find anything significant other than some shoddy ductwork installation which didn't fit together that well. While talking about the hvac ductwork it was noted that the offset fittings under the front seat that direct air to the rear don't fit that well either and mine came loose on the passenger side when the seat was adjusted.

On the plus side the overall mpg was very good at over 40. average. There were times when we were running in the mid forties.

If anyone is experiencing or has resolved the front end rattling issue would appreciate hearing from you.