Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Remote start and push button start
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 12:59 PM   #12
vinnfizz
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86394
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 dr Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 1 vinnfizz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Remote start Option

I ordered the remote start system on my 2012 SEL 303a Kona Blue Metallic expecting it to come factory installed but my salesman and I both were surprised when it turned out to be a "Dealer Installed" option and adds a separate key fob with one button on it. My dealers install guy had to wait on an installation wiring harness to come in specific to the 2012 model so it was a week after delivery I had to take it back to the dealer for installation. The system works ok but then I found the next day that after a remote start as you approach the car to unlock the doors the engine shuts down. That made no sense at all! I took it back to the dealer and they disabled the door ajar function on the remote start interface and now I can unlock the doors with out a shut down. If you step on the brake getting in before the key is turned to the II position the engine will shut down. The antenna for the system is a 1 1/4 X 1 in. x 1/4 in. block with 2 1/2 in antenna extending from two sides. It was installed to the interior windshield to the right of the rearview mirror, out of sight to the driver but I am sure it will be an obstruction to window cleaning.