Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - A/C Questions before I take it in...
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 01:39 PM   #2
USARice
Focus Addict

Fan#: 56127
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ST, DD and AutoX

FF Reputation: 1 USARice Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
57 Views and nobody knows if the fans are supposed to turn on with the A/C? Ugh.

More info if it helps.

1) I have now either unplugged or swapped out ever single relay, fuse, or diode related to the A/C system. Unplugging any of them had no effect at all in the way the system operated until I got to the inside fuse for the A/C Switch/Instrumentation.

2)The idle does not increase as it should when I turn the A/C on. It should fluctuate in time with turning the A/C on an off and as such does not increase air pressure either with cycling the system. The RECIRC switch does increase air pressure.

3)Turning to Defrost does not engage A/C clutch as it should.

Like I said before, it's like the car doesn't even know the A/C is on. To me that makes it seem like it's not a compressor problem because the other signs of the A/C being on aren't there.

And then there's the whole thing with the blower but I found a guy who'll sell me a blower and new Vent Control Cable for $45 so at least I'll get those parts fixed even though they aren't the source of the problem.