Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - wideband logging
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 02:46 AM   #2
BowerR64
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78699
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3 SE

Points 11,745, Level 71
Points: 11,745, Level: 71 Points: 11,745, Level: 71 Points: 11,745, Level: 71
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 12 BowerR64 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Thats the one ive been fighting with. Maybe you will have better luck then i have.

In my manual (LC-1) mine says to use the brown wire for the analog out. That is ch. #2 it is setup with the right curve to work correctly. Ch.1 (yellow lead) is to simmulate the stock 02 sensor. It has a different curve what ever that does?

I had to go into mine and program the LC-1 for "gasoline" mine was set for a custom fuel type or something.

Hook the brown wire to a firewire lead and that plugs into the SCT tuner. The SCT hooks to the OBD2 port and that logs all the rest of the data like RPM, air intake, your timming, coolant temps, intake temps even the throttle position.

You use the wideband data along with everything the SCT unit logs and you tie that all together. It kinda reminds me of that first fast and furious movie when they were talking about "stand alone fuel management system" or somthing. I think we are actualy doing that but with the whole engine on the fly as you drive. lol

This is what my laptop screen looks like when i drive.