Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Transmission Shaking
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 11:49 AM   #44
JBZZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 55935
What I Drive: 14 5dr SE, 09 4dr SE, 07 ZX3 SAP

Points 2,266, Level 28
Points: 2,266, Level: 28 Points: 2,266, Level: 28 Points: 2,266, Level: 28
Level Up 78% Completed
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 0 JBZZX3 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
In this video... they make a comment about the 6 speed auto shaking and stuttering... but they also mention that the trans. works very well for them...

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...X6c3PFJCBISfRH

Realize too that these 6 speed autos are only 1 year old... there is bound to be problems with the new technology... this is the primary reason i generally DO NOT buy the first model year of any car... I would love a new Fiesta or Focus 5 door hatch and although I am looking into getting one of these newer models... a good recommendation would be for some people to wait a few years before purchasing the new model car. I bought my 07 in 08 and passed up the 08 because it was the first model and did not come with a handling package. In a few years the new Gen Foci will be more refined with less problems and PROBABLY get even better MPG. I know its a hard draw not to get the new model but being an early adopter doesn't always pay off...