Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - FSWerks Cool-Flo Intake Installation Problems
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 06:22 AM   #38
lacole725
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85112
What I Drive: 2010 Ingot Silver Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 lacole725 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64 View Post
Mine slipped off also. I ran a log and Tom told me i had a leak. I didnt check it because it was on so solid. I thought it was another hose that may of been leaking a little.

I poped the hood and sure enough the intake slipped off the Throttle body just like that other guy. I also bought a new hose clamp that has a different design.

I think since im not the only one with this issue i might try and fine a different coupler that has a slight taper.

The couplers are kinda greasy or somthing. The rubber has a greasy kinda feel to them. Maybe i should try cleaning it up with somthing sticky so it sticks a little better.

Its not a problem with the install its pretty easy to do. Maybe some of the parts or the way its built has changed a little?
The couplers are silicone, that is why they feel slippery. I ordered a reducer from Samco to put on the throttle body but it has to be made to order by them in the UK so I won't get it until the end of July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09vistabluecoupe View Post

I haven't had any problems like you've said you've been having, and I've had my intake on for roughly 40k miles now. It does angle a little bit towards the front of the car, it's not supposed to just go straight up and down. Also as you can see in this pic my coupler isn't pinched like yours. Are the couplers any different and maybe you have the one for the intake to TB where the intake meets the filter ?
I checked that when I first discovered the problem, they are the same size.