Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus - Aftermarket Stereo possibilities.
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 09:49 AM   #2
herbz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84909
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch 5MT Sterling Grey

Points 7,518, Level 57
Points: 7,518, Level: 57 Points: 7,518, Level: 57 Points: 7,518, Level: 57
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 herbz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
For those who are interested.. The first people on the Fiesta boards have got some install pics of the Metra dash kit.

Granted I'm not a huge fan of it.. But it seems like in due time, we will definetely have options to add an aftermarket headunit, while retaining the door lock/hazard light buttons.

This guy has the base radio (identical to the '12 Focus) and he's stated he has "no problems".. I've asked him to elaborate on whether or not the door lock, hazard, info & menu buttons work to control the little screen above.. waiting on his response. The thread is here:

http://fiestafaction.com/forums/ice-...available.html

Some of the guys who have installed it with the Sync package say not everything is working.. which is unfortunate, so for the time being it looks as though those of us with the base package will have the easiest go at it (not suprising).

Here is a pic of the '12 Focus base radio for reference. As you can see, very similar. I've contacted Metra and they are working on developing a kit for it.