Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - FSWerks Cool-Flo Intake Installation Problems
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 06:15 AM   #35
lacole725
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85112
What I Drive: 2010 Ingot Silver Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 lacole725 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crice8 View Post
man it sounds like something is definately not correct with your install. noone else is having trouble with it fitting on a 2.0 engine and i personally know tons of people who have it. as far as the slipping off the throttle body it sounds like you are not putting the sleeve/coupler evenly on the throttle body and intake pipe. and you also should not have a fluctuation of that much from filling up unless your hitting the reset button on the mpg calculator and everyones car starts off high then drops to where the computer figures it. its going to be alot more sensitive after hitting reset because the comp is basing it off of 1 mile or more vs an average of 200 miles.
I think I have it taken care of now since I put the new clamp on and I even fixed my wiring so the sensor is plugged in around the front and it looks like it is still in the relatively stock location. I'm going to double check how tight the sensor is since I just said something about it but I have to wait until I get off work today. As for the 47.5mpg, that was when I was completely stock, it was actually on the way home from carlisle. I filled up in Cockeysville and got right on the highway. It increases so much because there is virtually no stopping. I hand calculate my fuel mileage after every fill up since I got the car and reset all my computers like trip and fuel economy. The only reason my fuel economy has been down lately is because I haven't been driving like normal, I've been driving in a lot of stop and go and high speeds, if anything it has only dropped a few mpg, but I could come up with something totally different when I hand calculate it.