Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - FSWerks Cool-Flo Intake Installation Problems
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #17
lacole725
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85112
What I Drive: 2010 Ingot Silver Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 lacole725 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64 View Post
I just installed one on mine wednesday and i had the same issues you did.

The seal around the maf seems larger then the hole, i might have a vac leak now. I had to pull the fender shield out just to get the filter on after i slid the pipe down into position. Las was the fitment of the intake to the throttle body. I think i had to clamp mine down to the smaller tube size.

I think the problem there is the intake is for "2.0 and 2.3" duratecs maybe the 2.3 duratec has a larger throttle body?

I had another issues you didnt mention. The breather line for the engine block. The stock setup had a plastic line from the back side of the valve cover around to the flexable boot connecting to the airbox. This intake just has a little section of hose.

My hope was to get rid of that setup all together. Using a seperate engine filter or a better line or something other then that plastic pre shaped line

I guess now days you cant expect much for $200.
It says in the instructions that the MAF won't fit like stock, but to tighten it until the seal is compressed. You are also supposed to assemble the intake with the filter before positioning it in place. As for the plastic line, I didn't think it would work out too good being stuck in the little piece of hose but it seems to be the least of my concerns.

The couplers seem to be staying in place since I put the larger clamps on but I am still going to use the Samco couplers to get an even better fit. I check it everytime I get done driving and they don't seem to be moving at all.