Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 03:01 PM   #667
Titanium12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86295
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Titanium12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR55 View Post
So with an X-plan the car is sold very close to invoice? And the best way to get the X-plan is to join something like eaa.com? And I am guessing this is cheaper than going thru AAA or Costco or TrueCar?

I got mine below X-plan which I qualified for already from my job. I basically told three dealerships that I could get an X-plan from any of them for the same price.........so show me what else you can do for me? I let the bidding begin.

I got it well below X-plan price, free lifetime tint installed at the dealership and one extra year of Sirius Radio (which he just accounted for in the price reduction since the dealership can't pay the annual fee in advance for you on top of the first free year.) Dealership has 2-years free oil changes, ding/dent/windshield repair for 1-year along with free car washes and some other stuff.

I got all the price and additionals in writing from the dealership manager and sales manager before I ordered it to make sure there was no misunderstandings when it comes in. Price was agreed upon with NO INCENTIVES INCLUDED since I did not know if there would be any at delivery. If there are incentives (which there should be atleast $500 if I finance through Ford and $750 if I get my private offer in time) and that will only make my agreed price even lower.

They are still making money, too.
Delivery Date: June 29, 2011