Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Highway lane drifting
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #12
herbz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84909
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch 5MT Sterling Grey

Points 7,843, Level 59
Points: 7,843, Level: 59 Points: 7,843, Level: 59 Points: 7,843, Level: 59
Level Up 47% Completed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 herbz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewslayer View Post
the F40 fuse in the engine compartment is labeled as "EPAS 15 feed", I wonder if that would do it?
I'm not sure what "15 feed" is, but you can't disable EPAS all together and drive the car. What's causing this something Ford Engineers programmed in as part of the EPAS called "Drift-Pull Compensation".

"The technology detects road conditions – such as a crowned road surface or crosswinds – and adjusts the EPAS steering system to help the driver compensate for pulling and drifting."

In a nutshell - another technological gimmick that tries to drive the car for you. And low and behold - it doesn't work - makes the car basically undriveable on the highway.

I guess our only option is to bring it up with the dealer and see what they say about it -- I may go straight to Ford on this issue - might be a more effective option at this point. Dealer probably has no clue this technology even exists -lol.