Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 85595
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Tri Blaze 5D Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Squeak22 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz View Post
Hey all,

My new Focus only has about 350 miles on it, about half of which are highway. I was wondering if anyone else has the following problem.

When driving on the highway, I feel it's a bit hard to keep the car in its lane. It seems like the electric steering "locks" the car into a "straight" line, but often times that "straight" path heads toward the lane divider. So I'll be going towards the left lane divider, then correct right, then head towards the right lane divider, then correct left, etc. etc. It never seems to just want to go straight ahead.

I wish car manufacturers would just keep electric crap out of cars. Unfortunately that's where the demand is. I ordered the base focus with the base radio because I'm a purist and like things simpler, way less problems. Reading all the MFT problems people are having seems to justify my decision. Unfortunately electric steering is not an option I can uncheck.

Hoping Ford will be able to troubleshoot this. But I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this yet.

Other than that I love this car.
I've done quite a lot of highway driving and did not notice this at all. Pretty much always stays dead center and I don't even need to do the usual knee driving to move stuff around quickly. It could just be road conditions causing it to seem like it's pulling left or right.

I'm taking a 900 mile road trip next week, so I guess if it's there I'll notice it then, but I've already put like 1k miles on the car since getting it and I haven't seen this issue.

I do have the titanium with the sports package, maybe it has to do with the less stiff suspension?