Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 02:14 AM   #15
Steddy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87004
What I Drive: 1997 Black Thunderbird

FF Reputation: 1 Steddy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi Natasha (Ford) and Dvandy4898:

I'm looking at purchasing a Focus Titanium sedan. I took 2 out for a test drive. On both vehicles, the following occurred. At a standstill, when I take my foot off the brade pedal and allow the car to creep forward, it does indeed feels like it is going to stall (or possibly the transmission is shuddering). Secondly, when the vehicle is being driven and I brake....just before the vehicle comes to a complete halt the car feels like it is going to stall out (once again it shudders). The salesman assisting me was also in the car and he acknowledged the shuddering. (His response was that it happens to all cars. Of course I discounted his response because I know this is not normal.) Regardless, I advised that this is an issue for me and I will think about this before I commit to a purchase. Lo & behold, I now find that this very same problem is occuring to other Focuses.

Just curious as to what has transpired or if there is any further information. I like the car and was ready to purchase until I notice this problem.