Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - FSWerks Cool-Flo Intake Installation Problems
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #7
lacole725
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85112
What I Drive: 2010 Ingot Silver Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 lacole725 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXFocus210 View Post
I didn't have problems with the couplers at all. I pretty much had plenty to choose from and tightened them until I couldn't tighten them anymore....Overall I like it. The only problem I had was the damn rubber thing on the bottom where the 2nd hose goes.
I did too, at first. When I put the hose in, it pushed it through into the tube but I got it the second time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusalaska View Post
There should be no difference between model years. There is something definitely up with that.
I mean like from 03-11. There are different air box setups and they are all attached differently. In the directions they say you have to take something off from underneath the car. I did take off the cover thing but I really didn't need to because I would have been able to remove the stock intake from the top.

I think all I need is the reducer and I will be fine. It looks to be holding the way it is but I will find out when I drive the car this week. The reducer will make the fit even tighter and the clamp should seal it up.