Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 03:08 PM   #11
Jellman123
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86885
What I Drive: White, 2012 SEL 5 door

FF Reputation: 1 Jellman123 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Transmission Shutter

I picked up my 2012 SEL in the beginning of June, and from day 1 felt exactly what you are talking about. It actual feels like the transmission is slipping - hence the shutter feel. I do see the FordcustomerService response, and I love this car and have had 3 Mustangs - I love Fords. I'm just having a tough time buying this response. Ford, you guys get this, you build transmission better then anyone on the plant, period - this is a little scary when you go to pass on the highway, pull out quick at a light etc, it really plays with your confidence in driving. I have 1600 miles, about 1200 are all stop and go highway traffic. I really love this car, the fit and finish, MySync, the look, but I'm really bummed on hearing this response. Can you guys confirm at this point, Ford is not addressing the issue, but stating to let things "wear" in. That is just puzzling no? Has anyone on this thread with an SEL or the 6spd transmission seen things get better?