Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Adding backup camera
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 02:30 PM   #9
Dethpickle
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86276
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 Dethpickle Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchaos View Post
Here is the message I occasionally see on the MFT screen when I shift into R. Sorry for the quality, was on my cell phone. I guess MFT is programmed to look for a backup camera even if one is not installed.

I wonder how difficult it would be to wire one of those to MFT.
This suggests that it might be as simple as supplying a video feed... but then, there may be another module that has to attach to MFT - Something to overlay the lines, register the steering wheel position to bend the travel lines and such...

If anyone has pulled apart the dash yet, is there a simple RCA input on the back of the head unit (or somewhere else) or is the some complex connector that another "backup module" attaches to? Maybe some PAC-love down the road then for an aftermarket module.

I don't have my focus yet, but am in the same boat of not wanting to pay 700 for the parking package, but am addicted to the camera in my Murano. I think wiring the aftermarket camera would be the worst part.

D.