View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 06:54 PM   #11
johnkos
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1037
What I Drive: 2002 silver se, 2009 blk ses

FF Reputation: 1 johnkos Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Here we go again. Wrench light, limp mode, rough idle. This time it happened 4 times in 3 days. Called our local dealer and the service rep again said if it doesn't happen for them and there isn't a code, there won't be much they can do. Now my wife got a little miffed and said where she works she has to drive thru the less pretty neighborhoods of our fair city and if it happens there she may not make it out unharmed. His reply was "well, maybe i should give Ford a call about it." I thinking, 'well duh' shouldn't you have done that the second time we brought this in for the same problem.

Today's limp mode was different though. After the wrench light went on and she restarted the car, lo and behold the CEL comes on. Drove around the corner to Autozone and had them check the code. P2112 throttle actuator control system - stuck closed. Wouldn't that mean the car wouldn't be able to be driven? WTF. Guess we'll see what they say when i drop it off for service on Monday. FordCustomerService, if you still want to help, i may be ready to give you a shot.