Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Transmission Shaking
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 09:11 PM   #21
6SPD_soul
Focus Addict

Fan#: 53637
What I Drive: 2003 Comp Orange EAP SVT

FF Reputation: 24 6SPD_soul Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by safetyguy14 View Post
Thanks for all the sterling advice moose.
Ordinarily he has some smart and poignant things to say, so cut the guy some slack.

Aside from that, anybody remember how Ford was doing extended test drives with the new cars off the line as an added "quality control" test or some shit? Now it just looks like they were definitely anticipating problems and wanted to get a head start on getting their engineers looking at fault diagnosis and solutions to problems they knew ,beyond doubt, would be present in the new cars. God forbid they should push back the release date and actually fix the problems before they sell the effing cars.

Really stupid move Ford. It's not worth getting cars out of the factory and into customers hands if you know there are a bunch of minor flaws and maybe even some significant ones, such as the transmission trouble Hgrizzard is experiencing. And I seriously doubt if his trouble is an isolated incident; with todays highly automated and precise production problems like that won't happen to just one car. That's a big deal, and if I were him I'd do everything in my power to get Ford to take the car back, it might never be right again.

Every loyal Focus owner on here is a potential customer for the new cars, and for us to immediately see a wide variety of problems has probably dissuaded a number of people from buying the new cars or recommending them to friends. I know if I were previously thinking about buying one and had the means to do so, I definitely wouldn't now, at least for another year or two.

Apologies for the rant but I've been biting my tongue for awhile. And I've got nothing but respect for the new owners and hope if they're having problems they all get resolved, but I'm frankly pissed at Ford for releasing such a significant car with so many problems they had to know were present. It's disrespectful to paying customers and ultimately counterproductive to selling more of these cars.

And nobody tell me "it's a new model, it will have problems blah blah". That used to be true but mainstream g car manufacturers can't afford to accept that thinking anymore in the information age, not if they want to sell more cars.