Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Transmission Shaking
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 11:36 AM   #19
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,298, Level 35
Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdailey123 View Post
I just got a 2012 Focus Hatchback (Titanium) and I have to say that I do love the car. However, I have had the shuddering problem that you mention but I dont seem to have it to the extent you describe. I was sitting in traffic the other day for about 30 minutes and every time I inched forward my car felt like it was going to stall. This is a real pain in the neck to me, and am considering bringing it back to the dealer to see if they can change the idle speed, but Im not sure if they can. Overall the car is awesome, but this shuddering thing is something that Im really not wanting to live with for the next 8 years (or so)!

If anyone has any success stories on getting this fixed, I would love to hear about it!
Hi sdailey123,

Congrats on your new Focus! I am so glad you love it! It does take some time for it to get acclimated to your driving habits. Since it feels like it is going to stall, I suggest having the dealer take a look to make sure everything is functioning correctly. Please PM me with your VIN, contact information, mileage, and servicing dealer information. I will work with you to resolve this.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply