Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - PWSC with a P0133 HELP !!
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #6
greentengu
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 11221
What I Drive: '02 ZTS Liquid Grey Metallic

FF Reputation: 1 greentengu Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Interestingly, I have about the same problem (re: idles fine, slowly depress accelerator = fine, mash accelerator = engine flutters/seems to bog/goes nowhere) with a carbureted '72 Pontiac 400. That could have been ignition (changed coil, no change), carburetor (new carb on its way from California), next...exhaust...as in rusted out, deteriorated old steel mufflers that my receipts indicate were installed in 1987...which I remember having done, because I was there when they were put on the car!

I know it's the longest shot in the world, seeing venomrogue here offering advice dredged up terrible memories of my PWSC car which idled fine, and went well if I slooooowly depressed the accelerator, but if I mashed it made a terrible noise but went essentially nowhere fast...when my CAT's gotten blown out and clogged up.

Twice.

I think it's probably as others have noted--some sort of leak--and you should definitely take Tom's advice and really run down this problem with a scantool, but if all else fails, who knows? The CAT might be the culprit.
In any case, while it's a long shot, it can't hurt to just take the thing off and look "down the hatch". It costs nothing just to check it (unless you have to really wrench/cut off those bolts).

Oh, and while I've chewed through 2 Bosch units early on, my Denso O2 sensor has held up fine over the years for what? Four+ years?

Cheers,

Scott