Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Can you open all doors with ONE PRESS on key fob on the 2012?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 01:04 AM   #10
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh321 View Post
The default setting is two-stage unlocking where the first button press unlocks the driver's door, and a second press unlocks the remaining doors (including the trunk/liftgate). According to the owner's manual, you can reprogram it where a single button press unlocks all doors. You hold down the lock and unlock buttons together, and then the hazard lights will flash to confirm the change. The same procedure also happens to work on TransitConnect vans, I found out.
I think this reprogramming works for all Ford vehicles made since 2010 or so. On my 2010 Focus, I can reprogram it to open all doors at once, or just the driver's door with the first click of the FOB.

At least on mine, all you have to do is turn the key to the "2" posotion, and press and hold the lock and unlock buttons together for something like 4 seconds, and the car "clicks" twice to let me know of the change. May be slightly different on the 2010 Models... not sure, never tried on them...