Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Sound System Install
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 02:19 PM   #15
automated
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86028
What I Drive: 2012

FF Reputation: 1 automated Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony407 View Post
Well, I can only recommend it only if you're like me, which you're probably not (thank god for you!!! LOL). I'm not done with the install, but assuming everything goes as planned it should be a fairly easy integration. But who knows, there's usually something that throws a wrench into the works. But I'm fairly confident that with the LCQ-1, amp(s) and a new sub everything should come together nicely.

I wanted the MFT because I'm a tech geek, and since the Sony came with it that's what I got. MFT certainly has more than its fair share of glitches, but hopefully Ford will correct the problems soon. Other than that I'm pretty happy so far.

Hope that helps.

Tony
Definitely, thanks. I have an audiophile-quality system at my home, but for my car I'll sacrifice power for accuracy. I learned from doing my first car system that I didn't need to spend a lot of money to get a good sound for normal driving. From my listening during the test drive, the Sony system didn't sound very loud or very accurate-- the bass seemed overemphasized and boomy without being terribly accurate.

At any rate, I'm not ripping the car apart myself so any upgrades will be done by a trained professional...