Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 owners Post your MPG's
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 02:05 PM   #175
Tony407
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85289
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Hatch Titanium

FF Reputation: 4 Tony407 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFed28 View Post
Something wrong here? I havent hit over 30mpg. I drive on the highway almost everyday to school which is about 12 miles away then I go to providence every weekend and thats around 1hr and a half. Highest Ive hit was 28.5 going at normal speed.
I've been noticing an unusual amount of variance between our cars and I haven't really figured it out. Most of the time when I buy a new car and I become a new forum member it seems like there's a general consensus as to what kind of mileage everyone's getting (within reason). But with the new Focus is seems like our individual mpgs are all over the place.

I myself have not been able to get over 22 in the city and 32 on the hwy. All this 40+ mpg stuff has me a little concerned. Even if my mileage is supposed to increase after a few thousand miles, it doesn't explain why some of you have been getting 40+ after only a few hundred miles.

Are those of you close to the 40 mpg mark using supreme? I've heard that this makes a difference although it sounds suspicious to me.

Tony