BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony407 View Post
Okay, I have to correct myself. The other night I coasted down some hills close to where I live both with the car in N and D. Each time I reset the fuel economy right before I took my foot of the brake and started downhill. What I found out was that I actually got 1 mpg better when in D. I wouldn't have believed it unless I did it myself. I kept the same speed for both runs. It's a twisty 25 mph road and about 1.6 miles long. In N I got 38 mpg and in D I got 39.1 mpg.

Tony
Hey, thanks for running that test. I was thinking of trying the same thing but I think I'll just take your word for it and not fool with the neutral coast. I like shooting for good MPG but am not really the hypermiler type anyway.

Tony, did you ever get your remote start working (and if yes, do you have to restart like the rest of us?)

Also, I took a 20 miles of flat interstate to Costo yesterday resetting the MPG as I entered the freeway and set cruise control at 67. As I coasted into the parking lot, the meter read 41.1 MPG. So, this thing IS capable of very good HWY mileage.