Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin#
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 08:42 AM   #1130
stevegee
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84274
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 stevegee Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyPonds View Post
Yeah, never knew this, but my dealer (Red McCombs Ford) does some stuff to your car after they get it. Kind of not cool, especially if I didnt want it. But I did want tint and it was done at no cost.

They tinted the windows, filled the wheels with nitrogen, put some sort of UV protection on the paint, and treated the leather seats. They just need to install my exterior protection package later this week. For some reason they forgot to.
I've thought a lot about this and I can't help but feeling that this is unacceptable. It'd be fine if the car was dealer stock, but as I understand it they did this to a car that was specifically ordered for you, and that it was done without your prior consent. Doesn't matter if it was done for "free" or not, IMHO. Yeah, you wanted tint (who in San Antonio wouldn't?) but who's to say that they did it using the materials that you wanted? My dealer offers a tint package but I don't want it specifically because they use a metallic tint and I don't want that because of its possible effect on cell phone reception.

I would have complained. But what can you do, it's already be done.

Last edited by stevegee; 05-25-2011 at 08:43 AM. Reason: spelling!