Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Best Rims?
Thread: Best Rims?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 10:05 PM   #8
lexington523
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84279
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Titanium

FF Reputation: 3 lexington523 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTF410 View Post
you also have to think about what class you want to run in. If you are currently in the stock class and want to remain there then the rim size must remain stock, and you can run as wide of tires as you can squeeze on the stock rims, and you can run any type of tire . if your in ST class the you can have any rim diameter you want but the width can't exceed 7.5", and your tires must have 140 tread wear or higher and no wider than a 225. i think you get the picture, basically find what class your running in or want to be running in based on current or future modifications and find out the regulations on tires and wheels. My suggestion if you only have 400 to play with is to just buy some good tires, a decent set of tires in 15" will run 400-500, and you get a lot more for your money with tires than you do rims. keep your eye out in the B-S-Tor on craigslist for some cheap stock rims. for the price of a decent set of light rims you can do alot of other modifications that will help a lot more than some light wheels
I am in STU class right now. I have already made some other modifications to the car before I started autocrossing. No matter what I need a second set of tires because I don't want to trash my touring tires which are nearly new. At this point I'm thinking of holding out for a good craigslist deal. If I am going to buy rims I want to try and get something that I will not need to replace again later.