Thread: 2012 Focus HID
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 09:56 PM   #50
warneej
BodyKits=PantiesDrop

Fan#: 20372
What I Drive: 04 ZX3 D23E-10SES Sedan-12 Ti Hatch

Points 32,003, Level 100
Points: 32,003, Level: 100 Points: 32,003, Level: 100 Points: 32,003, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 201 warneej Excellent Standing Member warneej Excellent Standing Member warneej Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Dammit guys, its like baby sitting sometimes. Anyways I cleaned up the thread so play nice please. This is meant to be a discourse for mature conversations and debates, not mindless name calling. Doesn't have to be all serious though, that would be lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usapatriot View Post
Improperly done HIDS blind other drivers.
Sounds like some sort of STD...

But my $0.02, first I have retrofitted HID lights in my ST170 headlamps on my 04 and have to say the cutoff is pretty sharp. I of course aimed them down and get excellent vision and have never had an issue as a driver of the car, or when being followed/passed by my car. Stock ZX3 headlamps seem to be a little glarey (is that a word?) to me in contrast, however there is a much different reflector design between the two.

Second, my 2012 has a damn sharp cutoff in its halogen housings. I'd like to see how that translates to HID cutoff just for kicks but I have no intention of diving into the wiring on this car. Much too nice for silly modification .

Please don't make me close this thread, for once this discussion has taken a (mostly) civil and informative route. kthxbai

173.4whp
gump
crew #6