Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus HID
Thread: 2012 Focus HID
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #13
Tony407
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85289
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Hatch Titanium

FF Reputation: 4 Tony407 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmission View Post
It's not the discoloring to you. It's everyone else to has to look into the sun as you pass by. There's a Suburban with HIDs in reflector housing that lives next door to me and I pass him all the time. Each time it pisses me off so much I wanna take a baseball bat to his headlights!
Tell him his HID sucks and/or he's installed them or aimed them improperly. I've had HIDs in my F150 and Mustang for quite some time now without any problems or complaints from other drivers. I've also had my friends drive my cars towards me while I drive theirs towards them so I can see for myself how it looks. I am very concerned about other drivers on the road so I do this just to make sure. I've very rarely had anyone flash their high beams at me (once I've adjusted the height properly). Considering I've owned several cars with OEM HIDs and OEM halogens and I've been flashed by more drivers with those cars than I have with my aftermarket HIDs.

In short, I think it's an over generalization to put all aftermarket HID applications into the same group.

Tony