FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockGuy619 View Post
Hey all... oddest thing happened just a few minutes ago while I was on my way to work. I drove about 40 miles on the freeway and had just exited and was waiting at a stop light. All of a sudden I get a message in my instrument panel saying that my car is overheating, and that I need to stop the vehicle when safe. I drove for about another 1/4 mile and pulled over as soon as I could. I popped my hood, and nothing was out of the ordinary, waited like 5 minutes, started the car back up and then the temp was normal again.

What the hell? What could this be? I will definitely be calling the dealership tomorrow!!

Hi GlockGuy619,

I'm sorry your Focus is signaling that it is overheating. That must have been very frustrating. I hope your dealer is able to resolve your problem today. If you would like to send me a private message with your contact information, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealer, I can ensure your situation is appropriately documented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDUB_01 View Post
2012 Ford Focus, 2100 miles

I just had the same problem! On my way to work and the engine temp seems fine then all of the sudden messages are popping up and telling me to pull over. I checked under the hood and nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. It happened every time I drove it so I had it towed to the dealership. They ordered a thermostat, but they seem to think that a sensor was sending corrupt data. I'm not so sure that they know what is wrong with it either. I guess they will throw parts at it till something works!
Hi BDUB_01,
I'm sure it must have been very inconvenient to have your Focus towed to the dealer, and I apologize for that. It seems they are being thorough with replacing the thermostat. I am confident they will be able to diagnose it correctly. If you would like to have your concern documented as well, please PM me with your contact information, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealer and I will help.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford