Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 06:00 PM   #373
Focus Daniel-san
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 85940
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Focus SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Focus Daniel-san Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Targon View Post
I'll check this for you later today if no one else has a ready response for you. I went with a base SEL with no extra packages and while I wanted the touch screen, I didn't want to have to pay for it, so didn't get it.

EDIT: I still did not check with my phone, but SYNC does support it, depending on your phone/device. Keep in mind that this will run down the battery on your phone, so you MAY want to go with a USB flash drive. I will also test if I can just access my mp3 files via the USB connection since this would also let you charge your phone while giving you access to your music. What phone or Bluetooth audio device are you looking at? Here is the list(which is a bit incomplete):
http://SyncMyRide.com/Own/Modules/Co...blePhones.aspx
Thanks for the link targon. I think I found my answer in the FAQ:
What sources of media can I play through SYNC® with MyFord Touch™/MyLincoln Touch™?
Through the SYNC system, you can control many sources comprising the Media hub.

Media hub sources include:
AM/FM radio: control by voice or buttons.
CD player: insert CDs in CD player to listen to music and audio books.
USB port: connect media players and USB storage devices to listen to music and audio books, or charge devices.
SD Card slot: insert SD card in SD slot to play music or listen to audio files.
BT Stereo: stream Bluetooth audio through paired and connected, Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones.
A/V In jack: access audio and video from devices such as digital cameras or gaming system that are plugged into the jack*.

*Video available only when the vehicle is in Park.
For videos, basics, tips and more check out: www.syncmyride.com/touch.

I'll have to ask if this works with the basic sync pkg on the SE.