Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Remote Start and "Open Door Shut Off"
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 06:33 PM   #20
warneej
BodyKits=PantiesDrop

Fan#: 20372
What I Drive: 04 ZX3 D23E-10SES Sedan-12 Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 200 warneej Excellent Standing Memberwarneej Excellent Standing Memberwarneej Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff2009 View Post
What if you already ordered your titanium with the remote start...can that be cancelled since it is a dealer install option? Also...what do you mean by It renders the proximity unlock/start useless?
There is a good possibility you could cancel. It renders it useless because you have to turn the car off and then back on, seems silly to me. You also may have to leave a prox key within the car which sounds like a recipe for having your vehicle broken into as the door unlocks when you touch the inside of the door handle if the key is near. There may be a work around but it seems like it would make the cool keyless thing not cool or totally keyless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012silversel View Post
That's easy to say from Florida. (Before you respond, I know it's hot and humid in FL). Regardless of the functionality of the system, try getting into a car in Minnesota when it's -20. Sure is nice to have it warmed up, despite having to restart the car.
Yes I understand the Minnesota thing, I grew up in Upstate NY so I've had my share of -20. I solved that by moving . All I wish is that the remote start (when offered) was integrated into the keyfog like GM has been doing for almost a decade (probably the only thing they did right IMHO).

173.4whp
gump
crew #6