Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Remote Start and "Open Door Shut Off"
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 08:27 AM   #13
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I just got a 2012 Titanium and after remote starting, I get in with engine still running, press brake and the start button (normal push button start process) ....the engine shuts off. Bah! Pressing just the push button or just the brake shut engine off also. The remote start manual says, for safety reasons, certain actions will shut off the engine, such as opening the hatch... or pressing the brake.

So, based on the current behavior, it would always have the engine shut off, then have be re-started. Seems stupid. The dealer service manager (nicely) indicated 'this is the way it is' but is looking into any workarounds (such as disabling the Mykey feature) Hmm, you should not have to disable a feature for the remote start to work properly. Either way, it does not appear Ford thought through the remote start in combination with the "Intelligent Access Push button Start." Actually, I have never had remote start. Maybe this is common??