Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Photographers Thread - Post your work
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #100
AdmiralZX3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72045
What I Drive: '10 Black Titan ret. '03 LG ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 AdmiralZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tukaniSVT View Post
My definition is one who not only owns nice equipment but understands that equipment and its limitation. But also doesn't let the limitations hinder the ability to tell the story. That's more of an Amateur Pro.

The Semi-pro is taking this understanding and showing others your ability and becoming a marketing person for your own work in a part time basis not always able to do it to fulfill ones need of equipment and daily life.

Pro is taking the knowledge, marketing your work and sharing it. Sharing knowledge with others, educate the next person to be your fellow pro-photographer. Pro is also one who understands his/her place in the field and doesn't go taking photos of everything. But yet, taking photos of what puts their own touch on the vision and story and presenting it to others.
Pro also can do this for his/her living and not stress on other career moves.

-Ray-
But you dont necessarily have to have nice equipment to be PRO. I think you need to know your gear, how to use it, and be proficent with it. Dont make mistakes, unless you are making a statement. You can be a Pro and use a point and shoot. I believe you also need to be able to edit your photos properly, including skin tones.

I dont think you need to be a pro to share your knowledge. I am a photography student 2 semesters away from getting my Assoc. in photography and I LOVE sharing all my knowledge, but I dont have to produce or sell prints to give quality and accurate knowledge/info. I could know more than some pros out there, but then again there are many more that know more than I do.

But mostly I concur.

I think I would call myself a semi-pro. But have I sold some works, you bet.

The Semi-pro is taking this understanding and showing others your ability and becoming a marketing person for your own work in a part time basis not always able to do it to fulfill ones need of equipment and daily life. But I also share knowledge. Would that make me more of a Professional than a Semi-pro?
Hatch Nation #107 Ret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_HT View Post
I'm from europe, land where having sex with strangers is like having a cup of coffee in the morning ;)