tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Fan#: 5521
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus 2008 Edge SEL

FF Reputation: 34 tukaniSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonsroar View Post
That being said, what you guys' definition of a professional photog? Is it when you make money on it? Then I would be a professional because I've sold a few prints... Or what?
My definition is one who not only owns nice equipment but understands that equipment and its limitation. But also doesn't let the limitations hinder the ability to tell the story. That's more of an Amateur Pro.

The Semi-pro is taking this understanding and showing others your ability and becoming a marketing person for your own work in a part time basis not always able to do it to fulfill ones need of equipment and daily life.

Pro is taking the knowledge, marketing your work and sharing it. Sharing knowledge with others, educate the next person to be your fellow pro-photographer. Pro is also one who understands his/her place in the field and doesn't go taking photos of everything. But yet, taking photos of what puts their own touch on the vision and story and presenting it to others.
Pro also can do this for his/her living and not stress on other career moves.

-Ray-
Hatch Nation Member: #147

TeamFocalize Head Honcho

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.

OFFICIAL FOCUSFEST PHOTOS POSTED:CLICKY HERE TO SEE THE AREA OF PHOTOS