Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Sport Package - Changes?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 06:49 PM   #17
DefSport
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85549
What I Drive: '03 BMW 540i / Nissan S13 Track Car

FF Reputation: 1 DefSport Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yea, I've done the Ford.com build your own Focus a few times, but I still get a little confused on what the different My Ford Touch/Sync etc. packages actually mean as far as interfaces and what screens etc you get. They don't do a good job of describing it for someone who is not intimately familiar with what the systems mean to the new Focus.

As for the ST - not interested. My track car is 2500 lbs and near 400 rwhp, so it mostly satisfies my need for speed. Plus it pulls over 1.1 G lateral sustained. :) I've given up on "fast" daily drivers that still leave me a bit wanting in the speed department, but return fairly ho-hum gas mileage. Honestly, the thought of picking up a BMW E36 M3 ('98 or '99, as the last model years) has crossed my mind. I've owned 2, and they're probably the best street cars I have ever driven, but they're getting fairly old at this point. Car and Driver rated them as the best handling car at any price when they were being made, and I'd definitely have to agree when it comes to blending comfort and handling prowess. But I think I'd ultimately be happier with a newer car that gives better gas mileage and I don't have to mess with every few weekends to keep running. Speaking of that.. about to pop out and replace the water pump on the 540i. Most cars it's about a 1 hr job, it's probably a 4-5 hr one on this car. Joy....