Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Sport Package - Changes?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 06:13 PM   #15
DefSport
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85549
What I Drive: '03 BMW 540i / Nissan S13 Track Car

FF Reputation: 1 DefSport Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Than a non sport-package Focus, yes it does feel that way. I'll put it this way, in corners where there was such a small amount of body roll to remain undetected on my 540i (not exactly the stiffest sprung car in the world and 3700 lbs), the Focus was rolling over quite a lot.

It was enough that there was a distinct difference in roll to actual weight transfer and "taking set" into a corner.

I understand you guys like your Focii, but come on, a base model/non-sport package Focus is going to be engineered to be right up there with the softest sprung cars available to capture that 95% of the driving public that just wants a comfortable car that doesn't transmit bumps while driving from point A to point B. I wasn't expecting BMW M3 type roll stiffness from the base model, but it was way more on the comfort side than I could ever see myself being happy with right now in a new car.