Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Welcome Newbies To FF
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 07:31 PM   #1198
renard_the_fox
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85515
What I Drive: 2006 green ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 renard_the_fox Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by osuivan View Post
We have places like that here in oklahoma. One day after telling them no every time, I told the guy "my uncle works on cars and he said that changing allthat fluid you try to sell is totally pointless" They never asked me about that stuff again.
While trying to buy my new headlight bulbs (already knowing the kind I needed), I had a guy tell me that it wasn't smart for me to try and do this myself. I asked why, quite curious. "well, it's fairly complicated. You're probably gonna need to use some tools." To which I replied "I figured as much. But i'm willing to bet my garage has more tools than your entire store.." (when my dad moved, he left me all his "extras"). He laughed and said "Do you know what a monkey wrench is, young lady?" I smiled, saying "Yes I do. I also know that I do not need a monkey wrench to change a light bulb." Then he went on to rattle about how easy it is to blow fuses, and how the best way to handle them in by the glass (Erm.. WRONG!), and that if I needed any help at all to feel free and call him. Then he gave me his personal cell phone number.
Why is it women are supposed to be genetically bad at vehicles? I may be just starting off, but come on... Really?