Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Average MPG problems
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #9
Triton46
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79089
What I Drive: 2002 Nissan Maxima SE

FF Reputation: 1 Triton46 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Triton46, on my SE the MPG display is above the steering wheel on the dash. If I'm not mistaken, it's on the same panel for the SEL's too. Regarding your other question, I've driven other Fords that had two displays for MPG's: instant and average. The new Focus only displays the average MPG's, but you can hold down the OK button on the left steering wheel stalk to reset it to quickly learn what you are doing at the time.

I think the OP was correct to calculate MPG's over the course of a tank of gas (distance traveled divided by gallons pumped into tank). I've only refueled the car once, but my calculated MPG's was much higher than what was displayed on the dash.
Hmmm, I found all kinds of settings/displays on the display between the speedometer and tachometer but could not find a MPG display. Could you describe what the menu directory is to get to it?

I'm sure it is there, but I went through every menu and sub-menu three times and still could not find it.