Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 10:51 AM   #146
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracefan View Post
I really love the wheels that come with the handling package but I do not want the summer tires. What kind of options do I have with the dealer when I am purchasing the car?
If I get the handling package can I get all-season tires instead of summer tires?
If the car didn't have the handling package, can I swap the wheels are tires?

Posted via FF Mobile The tires are the thing that make the handlig package the handling package. The tires are Michelin pilot sports, one of the best tires out there. To answer your question, no they wouldnt be able to swap tires. You could, but that wouldnt be a good idea. And if the dealer said they would they would be scamming you. The stock tires on that package cost $306 EACH. Theyd probably make you pay extra for the all seasons. Heres what you should do, if you like the package get it and keep the tires, it really is an awesome deal. Then just get dedicated winter tires for the winter. Your better off anyway. All season dont really do anything great in any condition, they are just average. A dedicated seasonal tire will not only make your car safer, it will make it perform better as well.