FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkos View Post
This happened to my wife a month ago and to me today. The car would be driving along just fine when all of a sudden it would lose power. It felt like it was missing on one or two cylinders and would slow down with out power. The wrench light would turn on.

The first time we did what the owners book said and turned the car off and called for a tow truck. The tow truck arrives, actually it was a flat bed carrier, and parked down hill from our car. I give the keys to the driver and the car starts right up and the wrench light was off. Wonderful. The dealer checks the car over, finds no problems, no codes. Test drives just fine. It's still under warranty so it cost me nothing but lost time.

Today it happened again after pulling away from a traffic light. Engine starts missing, No power. Wrench light is on. I turn the car off then restarted it. Once again, it is running fine and the light is off.

I'm a little worried about letting her drive it to work. She passes through some interesting parts of our wonderful city and they are not areas you would like to break down in.

Where do i go from here? The dealer said if there is no trouble code in the computer there isn't much they can do.

The car is a 2009 Focus SES.
Hi johnkos,

This is Deysha with Ford Customer Service. I recommend you bring it in to your dealer for diagnosis as well. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to message me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, and contact info so that I can escalate this for you as needed.

Deysha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford