Old 05-01-2011, 10:58 PM   #1
johnkos
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1037
What I Drive: 2002 silver se, 2009 blk ses

FF Reputation: 1 johnkos Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Wrench dash light

This happened to my wife a month ago and to me today. The car would be driving along just fine when all of a sudden it would lose power. It felt like it was missing on one or two cylinders and would slow down with out power. The wrench light would turn on.

The first time we did what the owners book said and turned the car off and called for a tow truck. The tow truck arrives, actually it was a flat bed carrier, and parked down hill from our car. I give the keys to the driver and the car starts right up and the wrench light was off. Wonderful. The dealer checks the car over, finds no problems, no codes. Test drives just fine. It's still under warranty so it cost me nothing but lost time.

Today it happened again after pulling away from a traffic light. Engine starts missing, No power. Wrench light is on. I turn the car off then restarted it. Once again, it is running fine and the light is off.

I'm a little worried about letting her drive it to work. She passes through some interesting parts of our wonderful city and they are not areas you would like to break down in.

Where do i go from here? The dealer said if there is no trouble code in the computer there isn't much they can do.

The car is a 2009 Focus SES.