Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - How To: 00-04 Antenna Base Replacement (Part Number: XS8Z-18919-AA)
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 01:13 AM   #17
kdlr682
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84691
What I Drive: 07, Pitch Black, Zx5, ses

FF Reputation: 1 kdlr682 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack View Post
Good thing this was bumped, or I might have missed it. I recently had a short antenna on my Focus, and while clearing some snow off of it this winter, it broke off. I didn't really care or think about it until recently, as I never use the radio anyway, and I actually like the look of no antenna. Still, after looking at it, I discovered that the bolt on the base is actually broken, and that I'm going to need a new base.
Thanks for this writeup.
LMAO. same exact thing happened to me... broke it brushing snow off... i thought it was just the screw but upon closer inspection discovered its a one piece unit...this was like 2 years ago... and i thought it looked better from far away, but kinda ghetto when u realize its broke! have been antennaless for years now.

are there any shark fin style antennas that fit? ive scoured the earth... only found "fake" antennas, as in they get no reception, just a plastic piece. im finalyy deciding to actually get a new base and fix it. its more of an eyesore now.