Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - knock sensor issues
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 10:21 PM   #40
Roushturboedzx3
I Fab Too Much

Fan#: 42814
What I Drive: 2002 Liquid Gray ZX3

Points 14,483, Level 78
Points: 14,483, Level: 78 Points: 14,483, Level: 78 Points: 14,483, Level: 78
Level Up 9% Completed
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 20 Roushturboedzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
You actually do want it to pull timing if you have knock and on the Zetec and Duratec they work perfectly on about 99% of the Foci

Its my opinion to leave the knock sensor on as it is a HUGH safety for your engine , yes you may see some knock on gear change but thats perfectly normal because of tip in timing adding timing on tipin in among other things

Please leave your KS on at all times unless you have a SVT

Tom
I agree a knock sensor is a nice backup if something goes wrong (gas, boost,etc) but the focus ones are not calibrated right. they pick up the noise from the drums on the dyno, road noise, wastegate, and shifting.

Pulling 5.5 degrees (not 5 like i thought) is not normal. the car fell on it face everytime.

Also you know as well as i do that chris focus blew the ringlands with a J&S on it when you tuned it. there was deto marks on the piston head. I bring chris car up cause it had the J&S on it and still went. I would love if we had a company that would make a nice External knock system for our cars that get away with the factory one.
I may not be the baddest, but the baddest dont Fu** with me