Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Started car shopping.... very skeptical...
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2004, 06:48 PM   #5
CDN-ZX5
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 263
What I Drive: 2010 Focus Coupe SES

FF Reputation: 1 CDN-ZX5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I live in Canada as well, although on the West Coast so not so much winter here. Anyway, I am on my second Focus and couldn't be happier. I would agree that an '02 or later would be a better bet, but as long as it has been taken care of it should provide long, safe and reliable transportation. To put the brake issue into perspective - I had a 1994 Grand Am prior to my first Focus, a 2000 model. I had to put front brakes on the Grand Am every 6 months without fail. I couldn't understand the complaints about the Focus' brakes as I needed nothing done until I hit 30K and then only minor servicing, I thought it was great, I did need new rotors and pads at 52K, but that was after 3 years of stop and go city driving, and it only cost $500. Now I'm running an '03 ZX5 for more than 2 years and have had to do nothing but oil changes. A friend has an '02 Focus Wagon in Toronto and they love it, get's them up to cottage country and around the city perfectly. A very good car, don't worry, be confident with this car.