Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - knock sensor issues
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #34
illinipo
Token Engin-nerd

Fan#: 37693
What I Drive: dirty wag; Party; Bavarian phallus

FF Reputation: 272 illinipo Outstanding Standing Memberillinipo Outstanding Standing Memberillinipo Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EggYolkedZX3 View Post
You and Tom are both right. Thanks for the awesome detailed response though!

It turns out the right KNK SEN RETARD was being logged. I had the view on the "long name PIDs" setting instead of the "16 Char Name PIDs". In the long name veiw, both DMR's show up exactly the same as "KNOCK SENSOR RETARD LIMIT" but for some reason the correct one to be logged comes up first in the PID list. In the 16 view, the correct one comes up second on the list?

But yes, the graph shows a short little spike (about 0.6-1.0 advancement) then drops straight down to -5. Just waiting for my new one to see if anything changes.
After going through the same process on a NFC1 car of buying a new sensor and lashing the valves to min spec, with no change in the sensor activity, I would recommend you guys just lower the sensitivity from the get-go. The combination of listening to it and lowering sensitivity would be very effective.

But supposedly I don't know what I'm doing so you probably should just ignore my posts.

Not on this list? Almost certainly crap.
SUV this!