View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #4
Joeywhat
Strichmädchen & Koks

Fan#: 85247
What I Drive: 2014 Mustang 3.7L SGM

FF Reputation: 11 Joeywhat Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Will using the different size tires effect the speedo or odometer? Or will it be too small a difference to matter? I'd prefer to buy some summer tires I can use all season long (road and track), and winter tires on separate wheels. The tires I have now supposedly have pretty awful tread life, and suck in the snow. So I don't want to run them bald and have to buy new tires at the end of the lease, would rather just buy new ones new, use them until the lease is up and put the originals back on to avoid the costs if I don't buyout the car.

I only manage about 10k miles a year right now MAX anyways (usually closer to 8-9k), so if about 2/3 of that is on summer tires I should be able to buy some good, sticky tires and have enough tread to last me through the lease. Do you think that's a proper way to go about this, or should I have dedicated track tires? I'm thinking my way will be a little cheaper at least...don't need an extra set of wheels (snow tires can be on cheap-o wheels), and don't need to keep swapping wheels when I want to go to the track.