Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 owners Post your MPG's
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 08:51 AM   #28
Spartan12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85167
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Spartan12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
Posted via FF Mobile Yes noobs lol, Im sorry but the trip computer is not very reliable. First off you need to break the car in. Then you need to be figuring out gas mileage by driving with a full tank, and when you go to fill up again, take the amount of gallons (exact) that went in and divide the miles you drove that your trip readout says with it. (trip readout/gallons put in = cars average mpg.)
What information do you have to support that statement though? The trip computer is pretty accurate in every car I've had with the function (multiple Fords, a Jaguar, and my current Infinit G37). Even when the car isn't broken in, the trip computer isn't going to calculate the mileage any different than when the car is new. I calculated the first tank of gas in my Focus and it's spot on with the gas mileage. I averaged 32 MPG, 387 Miles with the gas needle flat-lining. Trip computer says: 32.2

If nothing else, it's spot on in my Focus and my 08 Explorer V8 that averaged 13 MPG when new and 16 MPG now. Both reflected by the trip computer.