Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - How many cars have you owned
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 12:05 PM   #125
lampcord
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 85224
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Kona Blue Metalic (soon)

FF Reputation: 1 lampcord Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I would have to guess that I've owned at least 15 cars. The only real noteworthy ones were:

1) Dark green 1997 Honda Prelude Type SH. First nice car I ever owned. Absolutely LOVED that car. Maybe my favorite car ever. When I first took the 2012 Focus for a test drive, I immediately was reminded of this car as far as handling and ride feel.

2) Red Honda S2000. 6 speed manual and 9k rev limit (frequently visited by me). It was the closest I'll ever come to driving an F1 car. Almost killed myself in this car.

3) Red 2000 C5 Hardtop. Fastest car I've ever driven. Modded it up from 385 hp stock to 425. That was flat out one of the best cars ever made IMO. Despite awesome power, cornering and breaking it could get 31 mpg on the hiway and traction control (when used) was good enough to handle Minnesota winters as long as the snow wasn't too deep.

4) BMW 325i. Handled like a dream and one of the sweetest manuals I've ever driven and a great winter car despite RWD because excellent traction control system but started losing antifreeze after 1st year. I'm talking 1 quart / month. Dealer kept telling me nothing was wrong and I should just keep topping it off but I didn't believe them so I traded it in for another car before the warranty ran out fearing a cracked engine block or bad cylinder head gasket or whatever. Really soured me on BMW.

Now I drive a (Yawn) 2007 Civic EX. Dependable, good mileage, safe, boring.

But my 2012 Focus is on its way....