Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - knock sensor issues
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 01:32 AM   #15
EggYolkedZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 61654
What I Drive: '01 Yellow ZX3, '04 Blue SVT w/EAP

Points 859, Level 15
Points: 859, Level: 15 Points: 859, Level: 15 Points: 859, Level: 15
Level Up 59% Completed
Level up: 59% Level up: 59% Level up: 59%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 8 EggYolkedZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Today, I simply just unbolted the KS from the mount and left it plugged in. I put a towel over to insult it and had my dad rev it with the A/C on/ headlights on to create load. Well the KS still showed knock even though it wasnt bolted to the block. Tom or anyone, do you think this could point to the KS being the issue? Not really sure if thats the problem.

If the KS is not the culprit, then I'm just going to break down and re-clearance my buckets back into spec to get rid of the tappit. That's the only thing I can really do because that's the only real engine noise I hear. Alternator, timing belt/ and related pullies, serpentine belt/ all related pullies, spark plugs, plug wires, fuel filter have all been changed. Old datalogs from before all that stuff was done showed knock then so it cant be any of those things I dont think.

Oh and I found the typical collasped PCV hose running to the intake manifold end. Will replace that asap. That's probably what was causing my rough idle.