Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Sedan Seat Options?
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #2
mikebontoft
AKA "Toxx"

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
gross I hate the brown color...... hated the gray too, that's why I painted my stuff and got SVT seats. no they don't wire RIGHT in, you have to poke around for a bit (informed poking please! it has side airbags. don't wanna ruin your new seats) or just splice some wires together instead. Just make sure you know what goes where.

The same would have to be for the heated seats though. No switches in the car. I'd have to find out what powers what and make my own buttons. I would recommend directly swapping seat belt latches though. and also the seat position sensor. I know there's more info on it, just touching on some bases.

make sure you do real good prep if you paint it though. I didn't do it all that well and it does fade once in a while.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 in progress) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-alt DD/ rally car) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod) | '75 BMW 2002 "unnamed" (donor race car) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Quote:
Getting groceries never sounded so good!